Back to Career Pathways
Continuous Mining Machine Operators
- Typical education: Post-secondary Training or Associate's
- New York State: $36,180-$87,170 per year
- Capital Region: $40,000-$61,150 per year
- Central New York: $38,950-$69,930 per year
- Finger Lakes: $36,530-$58,840 per year
- Hudson Valley: $44,030-$87,170 per year
- Long Island: $45,600-$83,330 per year
- Mohawk Valley: $36,180-$53,390 per year
- New York City:
- North Country: $36,110-$50,230 per year
- Southern Tier: $36,720-$61,050 per year
- Western New York: $34,450-$58,540 per year
- Hang ventilation tubing and ventilation curtains to ensure that the mining face area is kept properly ventilated.
- Conduct methane gas checks to ensure breathing quality of air.
- Check the stability of roof and rib support systems before mining face areas.
- Operate mining machines to gather coal and convey it to floors or shuttle cars.
- Drive machines into position at working faces.