Back to Career Pathways
- Typical education: Bachelor's Degree
- New York State: $48,220-$82,920 per year
- Capital Region: $46,270-$76,700 per year
- Central New York: $49,780-$84,670 per year
- Finger Lakes: $46,460-$74,210 per year
- Hudson Valley: $47,980-$93,170 per year
- Long Island: $49,240-$82,230 per year
- Mohawk Valley: $46,330-$73,820 per year
- New York City: $50,360-$91,050 per year
- North Country: $38,800-$67,090 per year
- Southern Tier: $45,330-$73,590 per year
- Western New York: $48,040-$75,680 per year
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Produce three-dimensional models, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.