Back to Career Pathways
Wind Turbine Service Technicians
- Typical education: Post-secondary Training or Associate's
- New York State: $53,010-$78,050 per year
- Capital Region:
- Central New York:
- Finger Lakes: $49,920-$75,190 per year
- Hudson Valley:
- Long Island:
- Mohawk Valley:
- New York City:
- North Country: $51,870-$72,220 per year
- Southern Tier:
- Western New York:
- Troubleshoot or repair mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions related to variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, converter systems, or related components.
- Perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment, underground transmission systems, wind fields substations, or fiber optic sensing and control systems.
- Diagnose problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems.
- Test electrical components of wind systems with devices, such as voltage testers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, infrared testers, or fiber optic equipment.
- Start or restart wind turbine generator systems to ensure proper operations.